Yup, still alive
Masters week. Time for golf geekery!
Gotta pick Tiger. He wants it, like he hasn’t in a while.
I would love to see a Sunday final pairing of Phil and Tiger. Can’t rule it out, it would be some great stuff.
In previous years, I’ve listed my top ten in order. Nope, not gonna do that this year. Here’s the ones that will be in that Top Ten, though. Or at least so I think.
- Tiger Woods–Duh.
- Phil Mickelson–Duh again.
- Steve Stricker–Strong all year this year.
- K.J. Choi–K.J. always seems to kick it up a notch at Augusta.
- Retief Goosen–Two-time US Open winner, always strong there.
- Geoff Ogilvy–Coming off a win at the WGC-CA Championship on the Blue Monster a couple weeks ago
- Luke Donald–T10 last year at Augusta and comfortable there.
- Robert Allenby–One of the stats leaders. Augusta is about hitting the right shots.
- Stewart Cink–Another stats leader.
- Fred Couples–I got a feeling about Boom Boom this year. He’s been playing well this year after essentially taking last year off, and if he makes the cut this year, he will hold the all-time consecutive cut record at Augusta. Heck, as recently as 2006 he was in the final pairing.
Tune in later to see how completely wrong I was. :)