Archive for the ‘mst3k’ Tag
…WE’VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!
This actually trumps there being a new Cosmos series: Joel wants to reboot MST3K!!!!
You can pretty smoothly sing the Mystery Science Theatre theme to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miz.
Or maybe that should be Les MST now… :D
Some of you may recall the MSTing and I wrote of the Batman Forever script, in the opening host segment of which I made reference to the fictional comic book “Moose Man #37”.
You know, it’s a moral imperative to get that now…
gave me the letter “C“, and my job is to present ten things starting with C that I love, and thenyou all can request a letter too.
- Cousins… and siblings and parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and especially my nieces… the whole famn damily.
- Cats, of which I have two: Random and Mavis.
- Chords, of the musical kind, whether listening or playing–insert all the bands I love here, otherwise I’ll go way over ten, but particular mention to the Grateful Dead… :)
- Cambot and Crow T. Robot and Bill Corbett and Frank Coniff, to say nothing of Tom Servo, Gypsy, Magic Voice, Mike, Joel, Trace, Kevin, Jim, Mary Jo, Patrick, and Paul (and juliewa and barbbb). MST3K is still the best comedy ever put on TV.
- Chris Eccleston and Colin Baker and all the other Doctors and Companions (Compania?)
- Computer. Duh. :)
- Columbus, as I love the hell out of my adopted home town.
- Cosmology and Cosmos, as I love the astrosciences.
- Coins, which I collect, and
- Courses, specifically of the golf and minigolf variety.
Next? No bizarre letters, I promise!
EDIT: Augh! I ran out of room for Cameras (specifically my Minolta XG1–film still beats binary), Cooking, the Caves of Steel and damn near everything else Asimov ever wrote, Roger Corman and the other masters of the B- (and Z-) movie, cable stitch and knitting in general… augh!
The Digital Archive Project is a whole ‘nother animal on broadband. Yes, I really did once have the patience to spend five days downloading an entire MST3K ep at dialup speed–and not once, but several times.
I love the DAP for several reasons. One, they got everything there is to have, MST3K-wise. Two, they yank things the instant they’re commercially available, and I think even as soon as they’re announced–even things that are a bloody nightmare to get, like the DVD of The Movie (and no, , I’m nowhere near done thanking you for that–I plan to mention it in your eulogy many decades hence, or willing it to you in the event of my predecease :)). Three, they got a mother of a project going to convert the existing non-commercially-available episodes to DVD-ready format… which means they’re going out of their way to find the most pristine copies available and upgrading when possible. Their efforts have already borne unexpected fruit, recovering the previously lost final host segment from [K015] Superdome. Still no word on the infamously lost Pilot and subsequent three episodes, though. Has anyone started a candlelight vigil on Jim Mallon’s front lawn?